Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuscaloosa, Alabama Tornado Meets Wood Truss

I pulled the picture below from The Birmingham Business Journal's coverage of the April 27, 2011 tornado damage.  I have been slow to look at online pictures and videos of the event for a myriad of reasons.  I lived in Tuscaloosa for several years while studying for my BS and MS.  Even though many people have seen the devestation via TV, Web, or first hand, I could not resist sharing this picture here on the blog. 



A close look at the stick of wood embedded in the bumper of this car, and the wood lying on the ground in front of the car, reveals that this "stick" is actually from a metal plate connected wood truss.   I do not know the context of this picture to understand how this may have happened or the location of adjacent buildings from where this truss may have lived.  Whatever the process, the end result is amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment